Tuesday, November 11, 2008

i think i just invented the zero... what? oh, nothing, nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leG6mHngH48&NR=1

a little excerpt one of my favorite short films.. 'why man creates' by saul bass. i haven't seen it in years and thought everyone would like to see this edifice clip, great stuff...thank you cf alpha program.

today, i went to rovaniemi (the gateway into lapland) with my class! we saw some of alvar aalto's most successful buildings (a city library with great skylights), the artic circle, santa's village and a great museum all about the artic region and lapland. it was a great day!

i am counting down now my trip for russia. 2 days! woot.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post. You helped me find the source of a very, very old and obscure memory. One of my teachers in high school showed us this short film. The line about the zero has been stuck in my head for almost forty years. I hope you had fun on your trip to Russia eleven years ago. Thanks!